Ways To Market Your Counseling Private Practice
Marketing a counseling private practice must be implemented in a strategic manner that connects to a certain end result. I like to think of marketing as getting people to know you with the purpose of creating a specific type of relationship.
In your counseling private practice consider why you would like to engage in marketing.
- Do you want to increase the number of referrals?
- Do you want to increase your email list?
Overall, it is vital to focus on the end result. What you are looking for to take place as a result of your marketing efforts.
Below are ways to market your counseling private practice:
- Create a niche. Use the summer to pick a niche that can support you in building a brand. For me, it’s writing immigration evaluation. CLICK HERE to see how I’ve created a specialty in this area.
- Building on marketing platforms. Utilize marketing sites like psychology today or Good Therapy. Both require a fee while giving you the opportunity to put your face in front of potential clients. As a reference see how I have my psychology today structured.
- Social media. Pick a platform that connects with you and your ideal client. Create a concrete schedule that allows you to deliver quality support to your audience.
- Coffee dates. Take people in your community such as referring professionals to coffee. You’ll spend about 5 to 10 dollars while earning a beautiful relationship.
- Email list. Start an email list focused on supporting a potential client presenting concern. If you focus on healing relationships. Then you can have an email list focused on healing relationships. People sign up for it because they want help with their presenting concerns. Over time you send emails with helpful information connected to the presenting concern. This works to provide support while creating a relationship between you (counselor) and those on the email list. The marketing strategy behind this method is to turn people that are on your email list to clients, customers, or referrals.
- Check-in with current referral partners. During this process, work to treat your partner with trust and value. This can come in the form of taking them out to lunch or going to their work and providing a pro-bono presentation to the staff.
- Search Engine Optimization. Marketing can come in the form of taking a special focus on SEO. SEO is search engine optimization. Below are three areas that you can focus on to improve your SEO for your website. Overall, having a strong SEO in your counseling private practice makes it easier for potential clients to find you.
Three areas to focus on when it comes to SEO development and marketing your counseling private practice:
- Focus on creating effective meta descriptions. The meta descriptions are seen when you log onto Google and search for a specific page. On the results page, you see a title and writing under the title. The writing is about 2 sentences long and focuses on what the page is supposed to be about. It is important that your meta description is SEO friendly and connects in a way that invites the potential visitors to click on the link and visit your website.
- Take time to add internal links. These are links that take place on your website. As an example, you can link your post on, tips to help with reducing anxious thoughts, to your page, anxiety counseling. Internal links help Google understand that your website is effective in the work that it is doing. In addition, when someone lands on your page, they can start by reading on the blog post, tips to help with reducing anxious thoughts. After reading, they can use a simple click, internal link, to navigate to the services page, anxiety counseling. As you can tell, this gives people that land on your website a user-friendly experience.
- Just like internal links, there are external links. Simply put, these are links that connect your website to something external. Such as, if you are a guest on a podcast. You can link the podcast to your website. These, like internal links, help search engines take into account that your website is valid and effective. In addition, it builds trust because you have links that connect to other sites that are trusted. As an example, the blog post, tips to help with reducing anxious thoughts, can link to a podcast episode on a relevant topic that you did.